Carrot & Sweet Potato Oven Fries
Today you get a two-for!! We are having grilled pork chops with my favorite rub, and sweet potato and carrot oven fries. Both are Yummy, and both fit in to a healthy eating plan, so both will go into my Healthy Favorites. Accompany with a green salad. This post has the sweet potato fries, the next has the pork rub. Enjoy
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 large carrots
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Herbamare
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Peel sweet potato and carrots. Cut the potato into slices, then cut slices lengthwise into fries. For the carrots, cut in half crosswise into two chunks. Slice each chunk lengthwise into 2 pieces, and cut each piece into 2 or three wedges, making them roughly the same size (or a bit smaller) than the potatoes.
- Put the potato and carrot wedges onto a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and then sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper. Toss a few times to distribute the oil and spices.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn, then bake another 10 minutes or until the flesh is tender and the outside is lightly browned. The carrots will be a little firmer than the potatoes. They won’t be crisp like deep fried fries, but they taste so yummy you won’t care.
- Serve just like fries. I like to dip mine into ketchup.
These are not crisp like regular fries, but they taste so good, you won't care.