Easy White Pizza
This pizza is so surprisingly delicious, all of your guests will ask for more. Easy to put together, this recipe uses pizza crust mix and store-bought white pizza sauce. The ingredients can be changed up to your individual taste, but we had it with chicken, artichoke hearts, and fresh mushrooms. And lots of grated cheese.
I don’t usually use pre-made mixes and jarred sauces in my cooking, but we recently rented a vacation home for a month, and I discovered that you have to be a lot more flexible when you don’t have your own pantry full of spices and other baking ingredients that are not used often enough to make the cut for a month’s time in a condo. We were invited over to another vacation renter’s place for supper (and to watch the sunset from their oceanfront porch). She had made this pizza, and had also bought a meat pizza in case we didn’t like her other one. Well, we all started with one piece of each pizza, and by the end of the meal, the chicken, mushroom and artichoke pizza was gone, but half of the meat pizza was left. Seriously, it was just so good!
So, thank you Madeline for sharing this wonderful pizza recipe, and of course, for sharing the beautiful view from your balcony of the pacific sunset with us.
Easy White Pizza
This is an easy pizza recipe using pre-made ingredients. I have used chicken, jarred or canned artichokes, and fresh mushrooms, but you could put on any of your favorite delicate flavoured ingredients. I promise you will be blown away by how good it tastes.
Makes 1,12-inch pizza (2 to 3 people)
- I package thin pizza crust mix, prepared as directed, OR 1 good quality, pre-made thin pizza crust
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 small jar of white pizza sauce, OR Alfredo sauce
- 1 small jar or can of artichokes
- Large handful of fresh mushrooms, washed, dried, and thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated mozzerella or pizza blend (you can even through some cheddar on there)
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan
- Cook the chicken breast the night before, or you can purchase pre-cooked chicken breast meat. Cut or tear into bite sized pieces. (Just to be clear – one chicken breast is the white meat from one side of a roasted chicken 🙂 )
- Drain artichokes and slice mushrooms.
- Prepare pizza crust according to package directions, or unwrap per-made crust and place on well greased pizza pan.
- Spread about 1 cup of white sauce over pizza crust.
- Distribute toppings over sauce.
- Top with grated cheeses.
- If you are not cooking it right away, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1- 2 hours.
- Cook in hot oven (400 degrees) as per directions on the crust mix, or until cheese is browned and crust appears cooked, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting to make it easier to cut.
- Great served with a green salad.
- If you don’t like artichokes, you can substitute fresh spinach, or just leave them out. Try them at least once though. I thought I wouldn’t like them either, but I did on the pizza.
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom with Alfredo sauce is another yummy combination. (Cook and dice bacon first).